Welcome to the wonderful world of rowing! This book (written by a high school rowing parent with help from her son) is a step-by-step guide for any high schoolers and parents who are starting their crew-rowing journeys. There is a lot to learn when starting out in any new sport, but armed with the knowledge and tips provided in this book, you will master the basics and the lingo of rowing in no time, including:
- How and where to get started
- Key features of rowing boats, gear and equipment
- Crew and seating positions
- Rowing strategies
- Training techniques
- Rowing etiquette
- Competition and racing tips
- How to support your child’s crew journey
- Recovery and injury prevention techniques
- How to balance rowing and academic study
- The lifelong lessons of crew racing.
We hope this book provides guidance, motivation and context for your exciting crew journey. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to support the sport of crew to help more high schoolers have access to this incredible sport.